We can use VMWare customization specification manager for customize our virutal machine, which we are deploying from the vm templates. As an example if we want to add virtual machine to the domain, we want to change the time zone or we want to use same local admin password for all the virtual machines. This is same as windows un-attendant installation files(Answer files).
First we need to create customization specification. We can use “Customization Specification Manager” option in Vcenter server. This features comes under management portion.
How to create custom configuration template
- Login to the vcenter server using vsphere client
- Open Customization specification manager”
- Click on “New”
- We have two options(Windows/Linux). Now I’m crating Windows Template
- Assign an organization details
- Assign name format for the virtual machine
- We can add licnse key
8 . Set the local Admin password
- Set the time zone
- We can run any customization script
- Network settings
- We can add computer to the domain
- Generate new SID
- Now we can see the customized template
When we are deploying virtual machines from the tempalte/s we can use this custoimized configuation
From here we have to select last option “Customize using an existing customization operation”. Then we can see all the available configuration/s.